How Much Does Duct Cleaning Cost in Phoenix?
March 17, 2022
Are you interested in having the air ducts in your Phoenix home cleaned? If so, you may be wondering how much a duct cleaning will cost you.
In Phoenix, duct cleaning can cost anywhere from $900 to $2,000+, with the average cleaning costing $1,500.
While that is a wide price range, your costs can vary depending on several factors, including:
- The size of your home and ductwork
- How dirty your ducts are
- The contractor you hire
In this blog, we’ll go into detail about the factors above to provide a better idea of how much you’ll pay for this type of service. But first, we’ll discuss when you should have your ducts cleaned and the benefits of doing so.
Want an expert opinion on your duct cleaning project?
Contact Patrick Riley, and we'll help you go over your duct cleaning options. We offer clear and upfront prices, as well as flexible financing options.
When To Have Your Ducts Cleaned
When it comes to your HVAC systems, maintenance is critical. To check if your ducts need cleaning, the EPA recommends following these guidelines for when to book an appointment:
- There is significant visible mold growth inside your ducts
- The ducts are infested with insects, rodents, or other critters
- The ducts are blocked with excessive amounts of dust
If you happen to notice any of these things listed above, you’ll want to contact an HVAC professional ASAP to have your ducts inspected and cleaned right away.
Cleaning out overly dirty or clogged ducts is beneficial in many ways, including:
- Lowering your energy costs: With a clogged blower and air vents, your HVAC system needs to use more energy than it usually would, causing it to run for long periods and can increase your energy bills. A duct cleaning can improve your system’s overall efficiency and lower your energy consumption.
- Reducing allergens and irritants: It’s not uncommon for air ducts to contain harmful allergens and contaminants like pet dander, bacteria, pollen, mildew, and mold spores. If anyone in your household suffers from allergies or respiratory issues, periodic cleaning of your air ducts can help alleviate related symptoms.
- Providing a cleaner environment: Airborne particles and dust circulates throughout your ducts and land on furniture, bedding, flooring, and other surfaces within your home. Duct cleaning can promote a cleaner living environment by reducing the number of particles in circulation.
The Size of Your Home and Ductwork
The bigger your home is, the more pricey your duct cleaning will be. Why? Because larger homes have more ductwork than smaller homes, duct cleaning will require more labor and time.
Labor costs will vary depending on the contractor you hire (more on that below), but on average, contractors charge $35+ to clean one supply vent and any ductwork connected to it. Depending on the number of supply vents you have, you can end up paying more if your home has a higher number of vents.
Keep in mind that different contractors calculate their duct cleaning costs differently. For example, some charge by the home’s square footage while others charge by the type of system or per vent.
How Dirty Your Ducts Are
Dirtier ducts will take longer to clean and cost more due to labor costs.
Depending on how dirty your ducts are and other factors related to your unique situation, a contractor might need to use specialized equipment to eliminate excessive debris or dust buildup, which can also increase the cost of your cleaning.
Some signs you have dirty ducts include:
- You visibly see dust blowing from the vents
- You notice more dust settling on furniture near vents
- Your allergies have recently worsened while inside your home
- Your air filter gets dirty continually
- There’s inadequate airflow coming from your supply vents
If an HVAC professional suspects mold in your ductwork, your costs will increase beyond a typical duct cleaning, and you’ll likely need to hire a mold remediation specialist or a company that offers mold remediation services. The cost of removing mold and mildew is between $700 and $2,000 due to the need for specialized equipment and chemicals.
The Contractor You Hire
More reputable companies known for their high-quality services typically fall on the higher end of the price range for duct cleaning services.
Why? Well-known and highly-rated companies will use higher-quality equipment and cleaning solutions to guarantee that your ducts are thoroughly cleaned and to prevent any damage to your home and HVAC system.
We recommend that you consider a higher (but still reasonable) price a good sign and that you stay away from contractors who offer exceptionally low prices.
Hire a Trustworthy Duct Cleaning Company in Phoenix: Patrick Riley!
For a free quote on your duct cleaning for your Phoenix home, give us a call, and we’ll send one of our expert technicians right away. We always offer upfront prices, so you’ll never get a surprise bill. In just an hour, you’ll have squeaky clean air ducts that will help your AC system perform more efficiently and help reduce your energy bills this upcoming season.
Get 10% off (Up to $150)
- Posted in:
- Buyer's Guide